What are the tricks that clothing brands use when they want to present colorful collections? Should every store use them? Why are some stores undeniably brighter in, despite having the same number and power of luminaires? Find the answers to these questions in this article and find out if you need enhanced spectrum LED chips.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES OF LED TECHNOLOGY
When choosing lighting for your store, you can decide on many variables, including the character of the light. LEDs installed in luminaires are available, for example, in different color temperatures (measured in Kelvin) which can create a "warm and cozy" or "cool and specialized" atmosphere in an interior. Manufacturers also define the color rendering index (CRI) which, on a scale of 0 to 100 determines how similar the effect will be to sunlight (the higher the value, the more natural the illuminated objects look).
However, there was a lack of lighting on the market that could enliven the colors - saturate them, similar to the special color profiles on TV screens (settings that make the grass on the football field more green, for example. In other words, using the knowledge of photography, to increase the color saturation.)
Recently, lighting manufacturers have responded to this challenge and created the so-called LEDs with a subdued spectrum (eg Premium White and Premium Colors by Philips, which you can find in the Lumiverso offer).
HOW DO ENHANCED SPECTRUM LED CHIPS WORK?
The white light we see is in fact a mixture of electromagnetic waves of different lengths, i.e. different colors. New technologies make it possible to manipulate the emission of individual components from this spectrum, e.g. by increasing the emission in the red or blue part of the spectrum. The more wavelengths of a given wavelength in the light spectrum, the better the product of the corresponding color looks.
Hence, enhanced spectrum LEDs are a powerful visual merchandising tool. By installing them in the interior of a fashion store, you can make the whites of the products brighter, the blacks deeper and the color more vivid.
WHO SHOULD BENEFIT FROM USING HIGH COLOR VIBRANCE?
The advantages of installing luminaires equipped with LEDs with an enhanced spectrum are, first of all:
- They effectively attract the customer's attention. Vivid colors automatically catch the eye of even the most resistant-to-marketing customers.
- They stand out from the competition. The colors of the products become more attractive than the same colors in the store next door.
- They help in building a brand image as lively and energetic.
- They complement your marketing strategy for a specific collection of clothes. Colorful spring collections finally receive lighting that emphasizes their character.
- They revitalize the entire interior. Everything seems brighter with enhanced spectrum LEDs, although the lighting power remains the same. For customers, it is additional motivation to direct steps inside the store.
- They increase in the number of spontaneous purchases. Vivid colors tempt you to make a sudden decision to buy a product.
Leading Western brands, which set global trends, as well as brands that face strong competition, but have fewer opportunities to stand out from the product itself, are well aware of these benefits (e.g. suit brands, which, thanks to the sub-spectrum LEDs, make white shirts seem whiter and navy blue deeper than in the neighboring competitors’ stores).
Of course, there are also stores that consciously give up high color saturation, opting for softer and calmer lighting that is closer to their character.